The authority given by law to a court to try cases and rule on legal matters within a particular geographic area and/or over certain types of legal cases. It is vital to determine before a lawsuit is filed which court has jurisdiction. In the specific context of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, it is important to ascertain whether the Courts in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland are entitled to try the case.
- Business Law (89)
- Capital Taxes & Planning (10)
- Capital Taxes and Planning (8)
- Company Law (13)
- Compensation Guide (5)
- Cross-Border law (45)
- Debt Collection (5)
- District Court (2)
- Employment Law (92)
- General (185)
- Litigation & Injury Claims (103)
- Local Businesses beating the Recession (7)
- Medical Negligence (13)
- News & Blog (258)
- Property Law (26)
- Public Sector & Community (5)
- Wills & Administration of Estates (20)
- Subscribe to the Morgan McManus newsletter and stay up to date on legal issues that affect you such as personal injury, employment law and BREXIT.
Copyright Morgan McManus Solicitors.